My 10 Principles to implement 5S successfully
For implementing the 5S, I believe in,
“Things are change gradually, step by step, with involvement of all members of team and not in a day, have focus 10 min daily.”
Base on my above quote, here is my 10 Principles to implement 5S successfully.
- Start a daily standing meeting for maximum 10 min in the office/plant before going back to home.
- Standing meeting: meeting outside meeting room or conference room must, this is to get feeling of oneness.
- Meeting to be schedule before going back to home, this will help to take stock of the day.
- For first couple days do not plan for anything, only discuss on 5S what exactly it is.
- Take help of literature, guide.
- Read literature, guide in standing meeting.
- Do not plan for 5S, plan for 1S then 2S, 3S and so on.
- Expected that there is no hurry to reach on fifth S.
- Expected one at a time.
- Give example to all members, how we can achieve, (we can!!).
- For this, I gave example of my role model, Sergey Bubka and his world record, how he broken his own record, in same way makes victory over 1S, 2S, 3S …..
- In meeting area, make a story board, give name to this story board; this will help to involve team member and think.
- This story board having different achievements of team member and photos of birthday celebration and many more ideas.
- Plan and select a model area from where 1S can be started.
- Note, we have to start with 1S.
- Divide further this area in number of zones.
- Small area helps more involvement of team member.
- Make team and team leader of respective zone and work on story board of zones.
- Fix time for each zone to work on 1S first.
- Do daily 1S for 10 min only , with aim no hurry to reach 5S
Then go for 2S, 3S and so on…
Most important, don’t forget to celebrate improvement at each stage.