Takeaways from IATF16949:2016
While going through and reading the IATF, points are noted and the collections of these points are found to be useful as a bird eye view or can be called as takeaways. Same are furnishing here with, hope may be useful:
- Group of major car manufacturer crafted the IATF.
- IATF 16949 and ISO 9001 to be read separately.
- IATF controls certification from 50 offices.
- Goals of IATF16949:2016 (a)Continual Improvement. (b)Emphasizing defects prevention. (c)Reduction on variation and waste
- Understand the concept of process approach, it’s interesting.
- Tools of process approach are: (a)Turtle diagram (b)SIPOC
- Understand the need and expectation of interested parties for organization.
- Understand the external and internal issues of organizations.
- Define the scope of QMS.
- Address statutory and regulatory requirement.
- Focus on the entire requirement for internal auditor competency.
- Focus on the entire requirement for second party auditor competency.
- For second party audit following to be noted (a) Supplier risk assessment( b)Supplier monitoring (c) supplier QMS development (d) Product audit (e) Process audit.
- Rework: To make product to its original specification.
- Repair: Making the product fit for use.
- Management review input is part of management review meeting.
- It is required to give equal focus and attention to risk base thinking and rest of clause mostly operations.
- Embedded software, which are use in car, if product not use embedded software mention in QMS that product does not have requirement of embedded software.
- Formulation to be made for OEE(Overall Equipment Effectiveness) , MTBF(Mean Time Between Failures) and MTTR (Mean Time To Repair) to address total productive maintenance.
- Statistical tools and concepts are to be address considering process capability, study of variation and stability.
More to add….