Aarogya Setu App – A Tool as Risk Intelligence
The Corona Virus Diseases COVID 19 Pandemic impacted on the global economy and can be seen through various country’s GDP, Employment and Domestic & International trade numbers.
So, this pandemic comes with the big risk to the society and when there is a risk, the positive side of risk is always comes with opportunities.
The risk from Corona Virus Diseases COVID 19 is a kind of severe illness for a person who comes in contact with this Corona Virus. To save the society from the impact of COVID 19, one of the most required measure that is “lockdown” to contain the spreading of virus, which results in standstill of economy and is a risk.
But, as mentioned above, risk always comes with opportunities and we all are witnessing some of these opportunities from various transformations, which are happening nearby us.
Some of the examples where risk is transformed in opportunity are as below,
- Indian Railway – converted the rail bogiee into hospital with beds.
- Automobile Industries – started the manufacturing of ventilators, Oxygen cylinders and hospital beds.
- Chemical Industries – are making sanitizers.
- School , collages , hotels – are converted to Quarantine Zones
- Now, drones are used to keep watch on the activity of people by police department.
- Inspection, Certification, Accreditation Services- QCI , Quality Council of India launched Workplace Assessment for Safety and Hygiene(“WASH”) scheme to help the organization to assess the preparedness before and during start of operations.
- Hotel Industries- The Leela Palaces, Hotels and Resorts partnered with Bureau Veritas, a company specialized in testing, inspection and certification for hygiene programme for contactless experience to guests with safety measures.
- A case study of PPE manufacturing in Nagpur city, India:
It is the fact that when this pandemic was started, not a single PPE manufactured in India but at present the scene has been changed and now 2 lacks each of PPE and N 95 masks are manufactured in India; was quoted by Shri Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
In Indian state of Maharashtra, Nagpur city, an initiatives has been taken for manufacturing the PPEs by Orange City Garment Cluster Pvt Limited, Nagpur, Mr.P.M.Parlewar, Director, MSME Development Institute Nagpur and Under the guidance of Rajya Sabha MP Dr. Vikas Mahatme and supported by Shri Nitin Gadkari, Minister for Road Transport & Highways of India and Shipping, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in the Government of India.
9 .Case study of Aarogya Setu App developed by Government of India.
AAROGYA SETU APP – Risk Intelligence
It is to be understood that there is necessity to apply the hierarchy of control measures for the elimination of hazards and the reduction of risks. The hierarchy of controls from most effective to least effective in sequence are mention below:
- Elimination: It requires to remove the hazard;
- Substitution: It requires to replace the hazardous element with less hazardous idea to implement;
- Engineering controls/ work reorganisation: Initiating the idea of isolating people from hazard;
- Administrative controls including training: Initiating the safety measures and awareness through verbal communication, training, use of media and digital platform.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE): Providing required PPE as per the situation.
In case of COVID 19, elimination of Diseases is only possible when anti-virus medicine will be develop, manufactured and available in market for its use. Action of substitution is not applicable in this case. People are isolated, quarantine as part of reorganization. Control with lockdown and creating awareness in society regarding various precautionary measures is an example of administrative control. And at last, use of PPE.
The opportunities are generated from the positive side of risk of Corona virus. These are not only the opportunities but use of opportunities to convert available resources into innovation.
With the conventional method to control the risk form COVID 19, there is need to control the Risk in Intelligent way.
The AAROGYA SETU APP is also an innovation to safeguard from risk of Corona virus diseases and this app work as Risk Intelligence or we can say that the opportunity gives the space for innovations and this innovation carried out in area of reduction of the risks form Corona virus diseases, but with RISK INTELLANGENCE, that is nothing but introduction of Aarogya Setu App by Government of India.
What is Aarogya Setu App?
Aarogya Setu App is a digital service, primarily a mobile application, developed by National Informatics Centre which is under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India, and is aimed at connecting COVID-19 related health services with the people of India. It is designed to augment the initiatives of the Government of India by informing the people of their potential risk of COVID-19 infection and the best practices to be followed to stay healthy, as well as providing them relevant and curated medical advisories pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is a Bluetooth-based app with GPS capabilities and launched on April 2, 2020.
This is Risk Intelligence app, as this informs the user about the risk, best practices to be followed and gives the advisories related to containment of COVID-19.
The app is available in 11 languages – English, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Punjabi, Bengali, Oriya, Gujarati, and Marathi.
Aarogya Setu App is available on both the platforms- Android and iOS.
The benefits of Aarogya Setu App as a Risk Intelligence
- Aarogya Setu App shows how many COVID-19 positive cases are in a radius of 500m, 1 km, 2 km, 5 km and 10 km from the user.
- Aarogya Setu App determines and inform about the risk to user’s location.
- Aarogya Setu App also informs the user about COVID19 positive case within proximity of 1.83 meters that is 6 feet.
- Aarogya Setu App gives the details of Social distancing, Self-assessment test and advice on check on updates.
- Aarogya Setu App educate about, How to maintain social distance? That is greeting with Namaste, avoid social gathering and maintaining 6 ft distance with people.
- The app gives the list of laboratory having testing facility of COVID 19.
- Aarogya Setu App updates on COVID-10 cases overview on state and national level with state wise details with graphs.
- E-pass facility available in Aarogya Setu App.
- Aarogya Setu App is having facility of media Center for advice from doctor, How to boost immunity, learning Center, positive harmonies and celebrity videos.
- Facility of direct call to helpline number on single touch is part of app.